Membership is available to any individual or business interested in the promotion of agricultural, industrial, commercial, civic and economic interests of the State of Arkansas and neighboring states.
The Agricultural Council of Arkansas (Ag Council) is primarily composed of family farms in the production of row crop commodities. Members of the Ag Council receive a multitude of benefits including representation among policy makers, eligibility for high value insurance policies for employees, and opportunities to serve in leadership roles on certain state and federal advisory boards. All of the benefits associated with a membership of the Ag Council provide opportunities to enhance the profitability of Arkansas family farms and improve rural economies.
The Ag Council also offers other agriculture related businesses the opportunity to network with customers and support a sustainable production agriculture industry in Arkansas. These members receive recognition of their investment among our primary members, which often leads to increased access to our membership and others involved in agriculture. It amounts to low-cost marketing direct to customers or prospective customers. Membership can also result in additional advocacy from the council on matters of mutual concern. In addition, such members may also qualify for low-cost insurance policies available to Ag Council members.
Agricultural Council of Arkansas member benefits:
- advocacy on behalf of row crop agriculture (state and federal)
- eligibility for certain insurance programs for farms and employees (accidental death and dismemberment, workers comp and health)
- networking opportunities among farmers and agribusinesses
- opportunities to serve on state and federal agriculture and commodity advisory boards
- information regarding row crop agriculture, policy updates, and council activities (website and regular newsletter)