Healthy Soils for Sustainable Cotton Field Day in Brinkley July 25th
The Healthy Soils for Sustainable Cotton Farm Field Day in Arkansas, a new field day initiative focused on cover crops and soil health in cotton systems, will start at 8 a.m. at the Brinkley Convention Center, 1501 Weatherby Drive in Brinkley. It is open to anyone wishing to participate.
Participants are asked to register by July 19 to ensure a lunch count. Register by calling Debbie Moreland, 501-425-2891. There is no cost to attend.
- 8 a.m. – Welcome and bus trip over to Chappell’s Farm.
- 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m. – Overview of soil health management system
- 930-11 a.m. – Concurrent demonstrations;
- Chappell – Adapting Equipment for Soil Heath;
- Robertson – Cover Crops used in Cotton Systems.
- Lamm – Linking Soil Biology to Soil Health
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch and travel to Bevis Farm in Lonoke.
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. – Bevis – Overview of Soil Health Management System.
- 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m. – Fryer and Roberts – Cover Cropping with a Purpose
- 3:30 p.m. – Return to convention center, discussion.